Friday, June 29, 2012

father's day

 

 Story #1:
title:  my dad is crazy.
he went on a trip to duluth with his friend in the winter.  he decided to go near the river, just to "check out" the ice.  he fell in.  just as he was about to go all the way in, kim caught him, and tried to pull him back.  his head went into the river a few times during the saving process, but he was ok.

Story #2:
title:  my dad is crazy.
he likes to give telemarketers a hard time.  the other day when some poor soul called to ask if he would take a political survey, he put the guy on speaker phone and said that he would only take the survey if everyone in the room could take it too.  as a group.  the telemarketer couldn't hang up fast enough.  if i'm ever in the vicinity of my dad answering the phone to a sales person, i take the phone out of his hand and hang up.  then i give him back the phone. i feel like it's a public service for all phone people. 

Story #3:
title:  my dad is crazy
one time he was driving and accidently hit another car.  he was wearing his mario brothers fleece pants and some crazy vest.  he was a little embarrassed about his outfit but went with it.  the woman got out of the car and went over to talk with my dad.  she was pretty rude and treated him like a crazy person because of his outfit.  my dad picked up on this and decided to play a little game.  he started to pretend like he liked her and he asked for her phone number and if she wanted to go out sometime.  she ran out of there quickly in a huff. 

my dad is freaking awesome.  there has never been a dull moment with him around.  i wouldn't trade him for a million normal dads. and that's the truth. 

8 comments:

  1. you're dad is the best! that's where you get your crazy from;) what a great trait to have. :) xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i get some crazy from my mama too :)
      and i created a bunch of my own. :)
      xooox

      Delete
  2. I love your dad. He is awesome. I will never forget that he changed the headlights on my car once when I was in high school. It was after my parents got divorced and my dad wasn't in my life much. I was at your house and your dad noticed my headlight was out, so he changed them both for me and wouldn't let him pay me for them. That meant a lot to me! I also remember asking him a hypothetical question about if 2 cars on the same road were both speeding, who would he pull over? The car in front or the car in back? I wanted to know which car I should be so I could safely speed! He told me he would pull them both over so I'd better not ever speed anywhere in MN as long as he was a cop. Love him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so sweet kate -- i will make sure he sees this comment. :)

      ps i still speed too. :)

      Delete
  3. I just totally cried during this blog post. And realized I would give about anything to be back in one of those moments. We had and have the best parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh rev, i love your sentimentiality. (i may have made up that word, i like it)

      Delete
  4. Oh and p.s. I'm pretty sure I was eating a vegetable In that picture, hence the face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it wasn't a vegtable -- it was your 'marla, i can't believe you are taking ANOTHER picture, rude-a-begga!'. yeah, you really used to say that. ;)

    ReplyDelete