Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Little Tree

With Christmas near, it brings a lot of memories. 

I looked at my little tree and was transported to a hospital at Christmas time.  My mom brought me to visit Katy, a little girl with Leukemia.  We brought her a small tree and decorated it with her and played some games.  I remember feeling such varied emotions - glad that we could visit her and spend time with her, but deeply pained that there was nothing I could do to save her.  When you are little, dealing with death and dying is incomprehensible. 

Being 'almost' grown up now, I don't understand a lot of things.  But I do know that the Lord is in charge of every little detail in our lives.  And the more we come to rely upon Him and figure out what He wants us to do, the results are always better. 

Katy passed away a few years after that Christmas.  I'm sure her family thinks about her at every holiday, every family gathering, every wedding.  They look forward to seeing her again and they find comfort in knowing that this IS possible.

I know it is too. 
http://www.mormon.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment