Monday, October 24, 2011

My First Ultrasound

email discussion on baby names:

From: Jana W
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 12:54 PM
To: James A. W
Subject: mar

gave us a new baby name....Wonder. Thoughts?
Jana N. W

From: James A. W
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2011 1:04 PM
To: Jana W
Subject: RE: mar

my first, second and third thoughts are NO, HECK NO, and something I can't type here.
James W

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quotes from ultrasound appointment.  (i may have changed some of the tech's words, but she really said those things with her tone and eyes)

marla:  how can he be upside down?  doesn't that hurt?
ultrasound tech:  um... hi idiot, the baby is in water.

marla:  hi, i'm jana's sister.
nurse:  says nothing
marla:  and nobody cares...

jana:  how big is my baby?
ultrasound tech:  um, yeah. we aren't looking at that right now.  we are looking at the heart.  try and keep up.

jana:  i just had a talk with her.
marla:  with the ultrasound lady?  what did you say? that she's being an a$$?
jana:  i meant my baby girl.  i told her to be more cooperative so we could see better.


remember that friends episode?  where rachel can't see the baby?  i couldn't really see the baby either and i kept thinking of it and chuckling. 



ps ... did i scare anyone into thinking that i had the ultrasound?  it's jana.  she's having a girl. 

we we we so excited.  :) (thank you rebecca black)

2 comments:

  1. That makes me so mad! You guys should call and complain about that tech. There's no reason for her to treat you that way and to ruin the experience for you. If you don't want to call you can send me the number and I'll call up pretending to be you. I'll tell them what's up. :) I'm excited you got to go with Jana though and I'm excited to see that sweet baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes- a little- i was thinking that I needed to call u asap and get all the new news!!:) But congrats to Jana!!! So exciting! and ps- i love that scene from Friends!

    ReplyDelete