My dad fixes stuff. He's very handy. Yesterday he fixed my garage, my shower, my cabinets, my closet. He can pretty much do anything. Before I got home, he took a walk to Canterbury to 'check it out' and he found a plant with some sort of bean on it, so he picked it up and put it in his pocket. He wanted to go to Culver's for dinner. We get up to the counter to order and he says 'can I get a sandwich with this bean on it?'. Not. Kidding. And the beautiful Spanish woman replies 'sure, I'll go back and wash that for you' without missing a beat.
After I got done slapping him in the face, we dined on butter burgers and the best rootbeer ever (Culver's brand - not kidding, the best. what are you still doing here - go try it already).
Jana & I have compiled a list of things that set my dad really loves:
- discovering an 1/2 full can of pop on the counter
- opening the fridge door for more than 1.5 seconds
- finding the lights or the tv left on
- using more than 1 square of toilet paper
- making fun of him or laughing at him when he talks about varieties of rocks & trees
- the phrase 'we're going shopping', even the word 'shop' makes him scowl
- lots of lint in the dryer vent
- anything sticky - honey, syrup, jam
- reading a blog that is making fun of him