Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Save your Drama for Yo Mama

I wonder if they should change that phrase to:

Save Yo Mama from the Drama

Except that it might be difficult to achieve, considering that each of us have a mother with varying levels of drama...

But listen kids, I had to get my drama from somewhere.  This kind of stuff doesn't just arrive in the mail on some random weekday.  It's takes a lifetime of growing. 

Here is a poem that my Mama took the liberty of changing in order to voice a little drama:

The tires on my bike are flat.
The sky is grouchy gray.
At least it sure feels like that
Since Eva went away.

Chocolate ice cream tastes like prunes.
December's come to stay.
They've taken back the Mays and Junes
Since Emily went away.

Flowers smell like halibut.
Velvet feels like hay.
Every handsome dog's a mutt
Since Eva went away.

Nothing's fun to laugh about.
Nothing's fun to play.
They call me, but I won't come out
Since Em'ly & Eva went away.


Funny thing is, I could've written the same thing.  Because I miss her so much too which causes a little drama to trickle down, start a stream that quickly turns into a rushing river.  See, the Kucera family doesn't do well when immediate family members live far away.  It's not in our genetic makeup.  We are Minnesota people.  We live here with countless others who have been born here and then we never leave.  We never. ever. leave. 

And that's just how it is. 

The End.

3 comments:

  1. Dramatic. Yep, that's you. We'll be there soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me, this was not drama. This was heartfelt, aching yearning for my daughter and granddaughter and son-in-law and I would have added his name to only I couldn't figure out the pendameter. Or whatever. Awfully cute picture, though, loving it, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right.....Minnesota people don't ever. leave.

    ReplyDelete