Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No, Really. The Groundhog bit Bill Murray.

Phil: You want a prediction about the weather, you're asking the wrong Phil. I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-


Have a favorite holiday?

Groundhog Day is mine, hands down.  Love it.  I love the movie, I love Bill Murray, I love the life lessons.... I love it all.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/, go to Trivia and be amused.

My favorite:  Bill Murray was bitten by the groundhog twice during shooting. (TWICE - must've been a really pissed off groundhog).

Wonder what one does about a groundhog bite? 

Anyway, February is a perfect time of year to reassess what the crap we are doing with our lives.  It's easy to let things slide, to be consumed in a a daily routine without really considering the big picture.  Winter won't last forever, even though it feels like it.  Spring will come again.  It always does, every year. 

So curl up with a blanket and a hot cup of dark chocolate cocoa and enjoy a movie that really has nothing to do with  groundhogs.

Happy Groundhog Day!

2 comments:

  1. AND it's Will's birthday! And his daughter's! That's why today is one of the best holidays ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so glad to get the reminder about Groundhog Day...it's a must watch tonight. And I love the perspective about winter not lasting forever.

    ReplyDelete