Friday, December 17, 2010

Excerpt from Segullah

Segullah is a blog for writers.  I love to read the articles.  Maybe it's because of the things the women write about make me pause and reflect on my own life.  Or maybe it's because they are short and my attention span actually lasts until the end of the page.

Here is an excerpt from today's post by Linda.  I have bolded my favorite part. 

"I memorized 2 Corinthians 9:8 recently:

God is able to make all grace abound toward you;
that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things,
may abound to every good work.

This is an exuberant scripture. It uses the energetic word “abound” twice. It is also “all” inclusive. In this short sentence we find the word “all” 3 times, “always” once and “every” once. I love the message.

God energetically gives us every conceivable kind of grace so that everything we try or do or long for is always sufficient. From that pairing of our efforts and God’s grace, we can abound to every good work. This is motivating and inspirational to me. It’s not fraught with anxiety but quells it."

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have a blog roll. Otherwise, I would never read some of these cool blogs.

    ReplyDelete