Monday, October 25, 2010

My Sister apparently never read 'The Manners' book.

Last night, we were having a lovely family dinner together and I look over and Jana is speaking and things are flying out of her mouth while I got a lovely view
of what was inside of her mouth.

Marla:  Jana, are you talking with your mouth open?
Jana:  Yes I am.  I'm at my own home.
Marla: That is disgusting.  Where are your manners.

A few minutes go by...

Jana:  HONKING her nose, at the table, very loudly.
Marla:  Are you crapping me?
Jana:  I have a cold!
Mom:  Actually it's best to excuse yourself when you need to blow your nose.
Marla: Thank you!

Jana, takes a look at me and notices a few things.
I am eating salad. 
I am chewing with my mouth closed.
However,
my elbows are on the table,
and I am flicking the pieces
of dried pineapple
out of my bowl
onto the table.

Jana:  Marla, well look at you!

We both started laughing.

Maybe we can both use some practice
with manners.

5 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you actually posted a blog about this! You are in trouble. Serious. Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, everyone doesn't want to know your family's dirty laundry and stuff, Marla. (giggle giggle)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana, what if i wasn't talking about you? I could've been talking about another Jana...

    Jen, wait til i do my post on you. ;)

    Anon, maybe what?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could both use some help with manners? Why do you think I bought you this book? For pity sake.

    ReplyDelete