Sunday, October 3, 2010

Da Twins

Da Twins doesn't have the same ring as Da Bears does... that's disappointing.

What wasn't disappointing was the new Twins stadium.
Boy Howdy, that place is fancy!

Ricardo & me
Wally, Iris & Ricardo


A shot of my polish hot dog with everything on it... and the famous Kirby Puckett (doesn't it kinda look like he has a toothpick in his mouth?)  Our hamster was named after him.  He lived with us for about 4 months.  After losing him about 75 times, my dad saw him by the door one day and decided the kindest thing would be to open the door and let him out.  We never saw Kirby again.  Then again, it might be that giant animal in the backyard that thumps our house at night.

Did you know what the M and S stands for?  I thought I did but I was wrong, dead wrong.  It's not Minneapolis and St. Paul shaking hands... it's the Minneapolis Millers and the Saint Paul Saints over the Mississippi River.  Who. Knew.  (or Who. Cares.)

Anyway, I have zero interest in sports, ZERO.  I do have an interest in the MN culture (oddities), the food and the company (some pretty hilarious commentary occurred during the game). 

I learned that you can't walk down the steps when the batter is batting.  I learned how to read the score board from my dad because when Jeff called I proudly announced that we were winning (turns out it was the other team).  I learned that when you go to get something to eat and the ball lands in your bag, that it's perfectly acceptable for someone to go in there and grab it and claim it as their own.  I learned that the new Twins stadium has really yummy food -- especially the polish sausage and the gelato which was TO. DIE. FOR. No picture there because I forgot about everything (including the camera) until it was gone.  Jake (age 6) had no complaints on the soft serve ice cream that graced the corners of his mouth and oddly enough, his forehead.

Best of all, I got to hang out with my Dad.  He was like a kid in a candy store.  Excited doesn't begin to cover it.  His neighbor gave him 4 tickets to the Legendary area which meant we were separated from the masses, had access to the museum, the fancy chefs with big white hats and great seats. 

It was a heckuva game.  Thanks Dad.  xooox, marla

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. p.s. It wasn't kirby that dad "accidently" let loose it was chippy. Kirby died and we kept him in our freezer remember?

    ReplyDelete