Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Diet Coke Lime Wars

See how innocent this Coke appears to be? 

Well it's staring at me.  With its limey eyes.


So I made Jana my coach.  I decided to ask her  permission whenever I wanted a Coke.  She would be my gatekeeper so to speak. 
Here's our conversation from yesterday...

Marla:  Can I have a Diet Coke Lime?
Jana:  Yes you may, thanks for asking.
Marla: That is the WRONG ANSWER.
Jana:  But it tastes so good.
That crisp taste....mmmmm. Have some.
Marla:  STOP IT! YOU WICKED MONKEY!
Jana:  muhahahahaha!

Later that day, while shopping at Wal-Mart, I picked up a 12 pack of Diet Coke Lime.  Emily called and I told her my dilemma.  She said put it back.  Don't even start.  Put. It. Back.

So right there, in the office supply section, I put the Coke back (yes, I'm one of those people, those insensitive people that stick stuff in random aisles when they decide they don't want it) and wheeled on my way.

I then emailed Jana when I got back to work...

Marla:  You're fired.  I hired Emily as my coach. 
Jana:  I am drinking a cold tasty diet coke w/ lime,
what are you drinking?
Marla:  This is war.

Moral?  Is there one?  There's always a moral. 
The moral is:  Pick a good coach.  And sneak a few Cokes from time to time.
I think I'll go have a Diet Coke Lime.  The End.

2 comments: