Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Crazy Drivers

So yesterday, I was driving to lunch with my dad in the front passenger seat.  A car cut in front of me and so my dad leaned over and LAID. ON. THE. HORN.

Now, I know from driving in other people's cars, this is a definite no-no.  My sister told me of a time when she pulled this exact stunt when she was with a friend and he loudly yelled at her "NOBODY BUT ME EVER, EVER, EVER TOUCHES THE HORN".

But when my dad honked the horn, I just laughed.  I laughed so hard.  This man, this retired Minnetonka cop who has spent years of his life on the road scolding and giving tickets still uses the horn with vigor.  I said "Dad, Honk on" and grinned madly at him.

I think honking is a dying art in Minnesota.  Maybe it's the Minnesota Nice that's wrecking it all.  But for me personally, the horn is super fun.  Why not use it?  It's not like people hold back honking at me... I just like to return the favor.

3 comments:

  1. you, a horn, and driving along with your daddy crack me up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forget to use my horn. Seriously, some idiot will almost hit me or totally sit in front of me through an entire green light and then about 5 minutes later, I'll think...."that would have been a good time to use my horn". I'm not even sure I know what my horn sounds like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. em -- it's like driving with you. j/k
    CZ -- i think you should start a honking war in utah.

    ReplyDelete