Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Childhood Treats

When I was a kid, we would go to TCBY for treats.  It was kind of a big deal.  There were so many options for toppings -- sprinkles, chocolate chips & candy.
My family got over TCBY when they discovered Dole Whip.  You can only get it in Florida or California at Disneyland/world and Hawaii.  But, once a year, the Minnesota State Fair comes around and it is sold there. That's when you can find my sisters, lining up 2 to 3 times and getting their fill. 
Since I seem to be talking about fake ice cream, let's add another one to the list - Culver's lemon ice.  Yum.  It has just the right amount of sweet and tart plus it's light and practically all water anyway.
But, getting down to business... here is the real stuff I love.  And I could eat it every day if God would've made me a boy.

Chocolate peanut butter ice cream by Häagen-Dazs. YUM.
Or how about Ben & Jerry's half baked?
or Culver's Turtle Sundae, which was introduced to me by
my dear Aunt Loda and I've never been the same since...
And don't you love the part in Return to Me where they go out
on their date and get ice cream and she says to him
"Can I have two scoops?" and he says "No".

So what are your favorite ice cream treats?

2 comments:

  1. Culver's strawberry concrete....I used to be addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had Dole Whip in Orlando last week. Nothing...nothing will beat it. Ever.

    ReplyDelete