Friday, March 5, 2010

Of Happy Meals & Star Wars

So I'm eating my happy meal last night with the kids and I look in the bag to find my prize (the most important part of the whole meal isn't it?) and got really excited because, oh my gosh, it's was a Star Wars ship!  You know, the big grey thing...


So Jeff looks up to see what I'm so excited about and he says to me

"Yeah, it's the Millenium Falcon".

and Marla starts laughing while chewing with her mouth open and says: 

"...Excuse me?  Did you just dork out for a minute there?  Do you actually know what the ship's NAME is?  Seriously?"

And Jeff gives me Marla a look that says she is from Mars (or should I say Venus because supposedly that's where women come from) and retorts

"Doesn't everybody know that?"

So guys, I gotta know, is this common knowledge to everyone who's seen Star Wars? 

Do tell.  I really wanna know.

9 comments:

  1. Jeff is the best. I have no idea what he said, but I have a feeling if Jacob were my son I would know exactly what he meant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm afraid you would be disowned in our family if you didn't know what the name, Millennium Falcon! Will had some catching up to do when he joined our family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what it is (I've never seen Star Wars), but I just asked Pete what the picture was on your blog and he looked at me and said, "You don't know what that is? It's the Millennium Falcon. Everyone knows that."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marla, for a fact everyone knows the Millennium Falcon is the fastest ship in the galaxy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit I knew it was called the Millennium Falcon....but I've never claimed to be anything short of a complete dork...so I wouldn't expect the same of you. CZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeff is always right and never dorky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, anyone who has seen the movie multiple times when it came out should know. I hate to admit, but I viewed the movie at least 6 times back in '79

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marla, even my boys know what that ship is and about 20 others.

    ReplyDelete