Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Favorite Christmas Movie



This has always been a favorite of mine.  I'm fascinated with the way that Jimmy Stewart played Mr. Krueger and how it reflected the kind of man that he was.  I believe he was good and kind and that he tried to be like Jesus.  My mom told me the story about how they filmed the above scene and it made such an impact on me.  You can read about it here

The last line of the movie always gets me:  "'I love you.' That's what Christmas is all about... Clarissa said it to Mr. Krueger; Mr. Krueger said it to Jesus; and Jesus in so many ways said it to all of us."

To request your free DVD of Mr. Krueger's Christmas in its entirety and to find out more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, please click here

May you have a very Merry Christmas with an abundance of the Christmas spirit.

PS Don't forget to enter your name in the giveaway for the fancy schmancy rolling pin.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you remember, Marla!

    The year you were five, on the night of Christmas Day, I went in you room to say goodnight. I asked what your favorite Christmas present was. You looked at me and without a moment's hesitation said, that Jesus was born.

    Amen to that, Sister K.

    ReplyDelete