Monday, August 31, 2009

Good Reads

When's the last time you read a really good book? Not just a book that gets you by at the airport or through a wide eyed night to pass the time, I'm talking can'tputdownletthepancakesburnandorderpizza good.

Recently I have read quite a few books. Some of them were ok, some of them I threw down in a heap on the floor and some of them were fabulicious.

1) Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
2) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

The first book was by one of my favorite authors. I got addicted to them while vacationing on the beautiful isle of Maui.  My mind is full of English jargon now. i.e. gobsmacked, loo, nutter and click here for more.   

The second book was like nothing I've ever read. It took me by surprise and I couldn't quite get my head wrapped around the idea but that kept me reading until I caught on. What imaginations people have! I'm now looking forward to her second book which comes out on Tuesday.  There's nothing better than getting caught up in a good book.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/Print_nonav.asp?r=1&pid=30095
(coupon for 30% off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment