Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Best Five Year Old I Know.

Grandma O: Jakey, you are the
best five year old I know.
Jake: Thanks Grandma.
Marla (a few minutes later): So Jake...
you are the best five year old I know.
Jake: I know, Grandma already told me that.

What could be better than a Star Wars birthday cake?

I love Chloe's little hands with the pretty pink polish.

I'm tellin' ya, this kid is triple jointed.
He can bend his toes all the way back and then
right outta the blue, he does this.
Earlier that day at church when we were singing
the National Anthem for the rest hymn, and
he was breakdancing in my arms
(how ironic, break dancing during the REST hymn?). Little boy version of an air soft gun.
This amused us all for a good 45 minutes.
There was a lot of ducking, grinning and screeching.
Play ball my little friend, play ball!
(which is exactly what I whispered in his ear
right after singing the Anthem in church)

Happy almost 4th of July.
And the rockets' red glare,
the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night
that our flag was still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment