Friday, February 13, 2009

What Not To Say... to a Cop.

You'd think I'd have this down. I mean really. How many times have I been pulled over? Let's not count. How many parents do I need to be x-cops? Evidently more than one. Yet I still manage to say incredibly stupid things. It's a constant with me, my talent as of late.

Cut to flashing lights (note to self, do not type that phrase into google ever.ever. again):

Officer: Do you know how fast you were going? Side note: Why the CRAP do they ask you that? What's the purpose. I wanna know!

Luckily this time I didn't lie or pretend I didn't know. Maybe it was due to the lesson in seminary that morning on Ananias and Saphira. You know what happened when they lied in Acts Chapter 5? They kicked the bucket, cashed in, gave up the ghost, bit the dust, croaked, or my favorite 'yep, she dead'. Moral of the story: Lie and you die.

I much prefer the moral of LOST - Live Together or Die Alone. But that's another story. PS Sawyer and Jack, I love you, marry me, both of you, we can all live together in a bungalow in Maui.

Back to the how fast were you going bullcrap question:

Marla: 40

Cop: Do you know what the speed limit is?

Marla: 30.

Maybe I should've said 45. Because that's possibly what his radar clocked me at... but if my Dad is reading this, he clocked me at 32.

---I just dropped dead and can't finish this post.---

So the inevitable happened and I got a ticket. I wrote out the check. Put it in the envelope with the big red stripe across the front like the Scarlett Letter and I will mail it in...because that's the law.

2 comments:

  1. Stop saying crap, please. you were raised better than that. I can't say much about the ticket as I was just stopped myself. I love you all the same, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...your mom is so cute! Sorry the poe-poe got you. That is what Lilly calls it. Why don't they ever get the ones that are 'really' breaking the law?

    ReplyDelete