Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Messed With Texas Part I

I went to Texas and I...

dragged Chade & Andy hiking up this huge mountain.

and I heard a country song with this line: "And the beer I had for breakfast was bad, so I had another for dessert"

and went to the apple store in Medina and somehow ended up eating hamburgers and the best soft serve apple ice cream on the face of the planet.

and here's the part where I discovered a cactus plant and insisted on touching it.


Here we have a giftshop with words of wisdom painted on the mirrors in the area where people actually belly up to the bar.

and here is proof that a Minnesotan relocated to Texas.


The top was worth it. We admired the gorgeous country as soon as we caught our breath.


On the way up the mountain, only taking a rest, or two, or three or four...


Fabulous sign with a few more southern philsophies

I enjoyed an indoor outhouse (how's that for an oxymoron).

And last but not least, Texans really do eat biscuts and gravy. Let's just say it's a necessary staple. I had some my very first morning and I have to say - ya'all, they were darn good. Yee-hah.

2 comments:

  1. I'm insanely jealous just looking at pictures of you in warm weather. Looks like a good time--can't wait for Part II!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of you and the cactus! I bet it was nice to be somewhere warm!

    ReplyDelete