Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's About Time...

that we had another movie about Minnesota in the theaters. It's been a long time since Fargo, Grumpy Old Men and Untamed Heart. We've all suffered withdrawal symptoms. But have no fear... New in Town is here!

Click here to hear the cold winter wind and watch the thermometer drop as the pages load. Clever.

They might have the Minnesota accent down, but if you take a gander at the filming location you might be surprised with what you find....

Note to producers: Canada is NOT part of Minnesota.

Harry Connick Jr. was at the MOA signing autographs of the movie poster. My co-worker went and stood about a foot away from him. I went a little nuts when she told me. I don't do well with famous people. I'm the girl who screams and says really dumb things when I encounter these people. For example, Donny Osmond caused me to hyperventilate and run to the ladies room. If I could do it over again, I'd skip the dramatics and just say 'hello'. Or maybe I'd beat Collin Claypool to the punch and offer Donny a ride to the airport. But noooo... Collin is probably bragging on his blog about how he overheard (read eavesdropped) Donny calling for a cab after Sacrament meeting and how he heroically saved him from a Blue & White taxi ride.

Anyway, here's a little preview of our dear Harry (which my co-worker and I decided we like him best for his crooning voice and his love songs and not his acting) for you to tide you over before seeing the movie. But I can't promise that he will look this good because, well, I saw him in PS I Love You and he just didn't do it for me. Something about the floppy hair and the self-diagnosed tourette's syndrome made for a really bad combination. As a matterafact, now that I think about it, it scarred me for life. Hopefully New In Town will be the redeeming factor for everyone.

Go Harry!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh Harry.

    I forgot that you like Donny Osmond. Didn't you point that out to me one time? I think I made fun of him. He's going to be on dancing with the stars. Bet you're excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny Marla! I remember when Donny came and everyone in sacrament meeting could read your lips as you were saying "Donny Osmond is here". Perhaps we can go see the movie when I am in town if you haven't already seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in your blog! YaY! That is way cool :)
    I love reading your posts ... more later ... too fun! When was that pic of Harry taken? He looks so young! Hey, my friend whose b-day we were celebrating when we met Harry ... she called me over the wkd to tell me she thinks she got a cold from Harry. ha! She was wondering if I had gotten his cold, too? Ha! What a goof. Ha! I hear New In Town is okay; probably okay to wait until it comes out on video. Hmmm.... Take Care, My Friend!

    ReplyDelete