Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Art of Derby

My name is Mauler Kucera.

This would be my real name if I was a rollerderby girl. Maybe someday. Like when I get really buff and grow some muscles or when I learn how to knock over women with names like Jawbreaker, Punish-ment Pattie, and Chinese Take Out. I'm thinking that's not going to happen any time soon.


Kristina, Joyce, Mary (Steely, Rosen-FALL & Schaff) and I traveled to St. Paul, entered the Roy Wilkins center and cheered our guts out for one of our fellow Starkey-ites "Cleo-Splatra". Isn't she darling? She's the one who scored the only two points for her team the Atomic Bombshells. Maybe next time they will conquer.

My favorite part? The slogan on their team schedule.

"Minnesota Nice - Wanna Bet?"

I really can't get any prouder of this lovely state.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, I can't believe that you were there that night! From you photos we were to your right. We always sit in section 203? I think.

    I was encouraging Spencer to hurry up and get ready this morning so I was saying faster faster buddy!

    His response: Faster, faster, kill, kill, kill

    I think they enjoyed the derby!

    ReplyDelete