Sunday, December 21, 2008

...Not Always Right


I found another gem besides rateyourprofessor.com. I did a large amount of cackling. Here are my top two favorites:

#1)
Be Careful What You Ask For, Part 3
Movie Theater Beaverton, OR, USA
Me: “What can I get for you?”

Customer: “I want a small popcorn, and don’t try to upsell me a medium!”
Me: “Can I interest you in a large then?”
Customer: “I want to speak to your manager.”

#2
How Nicknames Are Born, Part 2
Retail Berkshire County, MA, USA

Customer: “Hey, can you tell me where the rope is? I’ve been looking all over for it, but can’t seem to find it.”

Me: “Oh, yeah it’s just over this way.”
(I lead him to the hardware aisle, and halfway down there’s a big sign that says “Ropes” with a picture of a rope on it.)

Me: “Right down there. There’s actually a sign there that says ‘Ropes’.”
Customer: “You’re a jerk, you know that?!”
Me: *laughs, thinking he’s joking*
Customer: “That was intentional, and I WILL talk to your manager!”
Me: “I apologize–”
Customer: “Anytime you wanna come to my house, you just lemme know, Dingleballs!”

(And from that day forward, my nickname at work was “Dingleballs”.)

2 comments:

  1. Call me dingleballs, but I'm lost. Did this stuff really happen to you....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi dear cynthia. :)
    it's a site where people record what happened to them. no one called me dingleballs. i'm pretty sure i would need some surgery before that would happen.

    ReplyDelete