Monday, December 8, 2008

Down-town

When you're alone and life is making you lonely,
You can always go: Down-town
When you've got worries, all the noise and the hurry
Seems to help, I know, Down-town
Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city
Linger on the sidewalk
Where the neon signs are pretty
How can you lose? The lights are much brighter there
You can forget all your troubles, forget all your cares and go
Down-town!

I love downtown Minneapolis at Christmas time. They have groups singing carols and people are shopping and Macy's is hustling & bustling.

Alicia and the singing Christmas tree. See his face? Oh, so you don't believe in singing Christmas trees?
Well how about now? (See, I told you so.) Alicia was making a call to Santa AND mailing her letter via Santa Mail. I think she'll just might get what she wants this year. If she's really, really good. We'll see.
This is me, seeing a designer ruffle shirt at Macy's and suddenly remembering Joan Rivers & Miss Piggy at the makeup counter going crazy in The Muppets Take Manhattan. Good. Classic. Clean. Fun. I laugh my head off every time I see it. I hope to never outgrow my love for the Muppets.

5 comments:

  1. This looks like a good time, and you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those another new pair of glasses?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow TWO emilys on my blog! how lucky am i. thanks emily #1.
    and emily #2 i have like five million pairs of glasses. they are cheap dontcha know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song - and you make down town look fun even to this agraphobic...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE muppets take manhattan...when i was growing up we had it on vhs (taped off of tv) & we watched it so much!...i found it last year on dvd & got to introduce it to my kiddos...so fun!...i always thought that song at the end at the wedding would make a great song at a regular wedding 'i only know he'll make me happy, that's all i need to know...' sigh:)

    ReplyDelete