Sunday, November 23, 2008

Supersonic

All in all, I thought it was good fun. Can't say that I haven't wasted time during other movies so what's so different about Twilight? Seeing this movie with all these young teenagers in one theater - with all the cheering and the screaming and the sighing - it really was worth the 9 dollar price of admission. It was reality at its best, in its truest form. My favorite part was waiting in line before the show even started (yes, the line for the 10:15 p.m. movie was about a 1/2 mile long) and as the tweens were coming out of the 7:45 p.m. movie, they came and found their friends and jumped up and down with supersonic speed and pitch, hugged their friends, screamed some more, gave their 2 second review and then were gone. I hurriedly dug for my camera which was in my huge purse (note to self, get a smaller purse) and turned it on to get this action on camera. This raw & real footage of a true teenager in all of her drama-queen exaggerated glory. But alas, the batteries were dead and all I could do was stare.

The movie got out at 12:30 and I was pretty wound up so I did a little research of my own on the web. Just so you know, there are fans crazy enough to visit the movie location which is Forks, Washington. There is a bed and breakfast you can stay at, there is a real police chief you can meet, heck you can even go to the beach at La Push. My greatest find, a Godiva chocolate bar, inspired by Twilight.

Here are a couple of reviews I got a kick out of. The same kick I get out of reading http://www.ratemyprofessor.com/. Here we go...

(Confidential memo to Robert Pattinson, who plays Edward: Next time, wax your chest hair. Edward is supposed to look like he's carved from marble, not lambs' wool.)

Once kids are already in the cruel grips of adolescence, though, "Twilight" can't make things much worse, though it might lead girls to believe there is such a thing as a gorgeous boy who will hang on your every word and use his superspeed to open your car door for you, a boy who will carry you up a tree on his back so you can enjoy the view, and a boy who will sit and play pretty tunes on the piano while you hang on his shoulder, without hoping for sex in return. Alas, kids, the Perfect Boyfriend is just as legendary as the vampire or werewolf.

Click here for the full review.

Combines the plot of HBO's True Blood with the intensity level of Saved by the Bell.

Click here for the full review.

PS I like the show Saved by the Bell. I still watch it. But I won't ever admit it in public.

6 comments:

  1. Dan really loves the new blog background. I'm thinking it should be more than temporary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, also. Don't EVER change it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new background...but the 'bite me' is a little distracting. I SOOO wish I could have gone with you...because I miss you and also because that particular trip down memory lane would have been perfect with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I like that Twilight has taken over your blog.
    I can't wait to read the 3rd and 4th book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so dark! i have to change templates people. and the bite me thing - i can only take it for so long. know this: edward will live on forever in my heart even if i change my blog background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They aren't real people.

    ReplyDelete