- going to the drive-thru at the bank and getting a sucker tucked into the envelope
- getting a sticker at the dentist/doctor (however, if you ask, they'll still give you one!)
- being relocated to the hall during sacrament meeting for being unruly
- going to bed at eight (never mind, i still do that one)
- naps every day (for me, saturdays and sundays only)
- saturday morning cartoons - two words: GHOST BUSTERS!
- eating lucky charms, cookie crisp, and cinnamon toast crunch for breakfast
- never getting tired on the sledding hill
- a forgiving heart. you were mad two seconds ago but you don't even remember now
- crying when you're hurt, laughing when you're happy, not caring about being cool
- seeing a drive-in movie with lots of blankets, candy, with your parents parked in the front seat
- stopping to notice a bug crawling on the sidewalk, or a dandelion in the grass
- smiling at strangers
Sunday, November 16, 2008
It's hard to outgrow the things you love
I miss childhood. Not necessarily the growing up part because hey, that was awkward for all of us at one point or another, but I miss the JOYS of being a kid. Here's a few from my list. Maybe you have a few of your own.