Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Ode to Reva

There are so many things about Reva that I love and admire. I love how she gets so excited just to go to a movie. I love how her face lights up when she plans things... her blue sparkly eyes, pink cheeks and childlike wonder. I love how kind and caring she is toward friends, family and even strangers.

Mostly I love how she is with her kids. She doesn't talk down to them or treat them like unimportant little people. She really takes the time to listen to them. When they do something wrong she sits them down and explains to them why they shouldn't do that. None of this "because I said" business (however that might happen after I leave).

She's one of the moms that really plays with her kids. She goofs around and has fun with them. She's always tickling, engaging, and teaching them. She takes them on play dates and to the park or the community center. She holds Joy School and has 8 other little hyperspaz children over to her house and teaches them the alphabet. It has been such a unexpected blessing to watch her raise Jacob and Chloe.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, when is there going to be an "Ode to Jana".....and you thought I didn't read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Jana had a boring day at work, and decided to catch up on everyone's blog. Expect another comment in about a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I really love Reva. Sorry to get off topic of the blog entry. And I love Jana. And Marla, I guess your blog is pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jana, don't worry. yours is coming. be afraid, be very afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting. and you can expect numerous posts from me from now on...whether I have a boring day or not

    ReplyDelete