Friday, April 4, 2008

Why yes Sawyer, I'd love you to make me a mixed tape.


Here's what I would put on it... while you're at it, will you puh-lease figure out how to start the new episodes sooner? The reruns are driving me insane. Thanks Sawyer - you da man.

For the longest time - Billy Joel
Something about his voice.

Danny's song - Kenny Loggins
And even though we ain't got money,I'm so in love with you, honey,
And everything will bring a chain of love.
And in the morning, when I rise,You bring a tear of joy to my eyes
And tell me everything is gonna be alright.
I really don't want to ever be poor, but the good thing about that is that if I ever am, this song will mean even more to me when I sing it at the top of my lungs in my car.

Manic Monday - The Bangles
CLASSIC girl song.

Forever Young - who knows
It was playing for some car commerical where the kids are dancing in their prom dresses in the middle of the street.

The Gambler - Kenny Rogers
HEY you would have to like him too if you parents made you listen to him all the time

Somewhere over the Rainbow - Brudder IZ
The big Hawaiian dude.

Time after Time, Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper
More classic girl songs. I can't help it people. Just take me as I am.

How to Save a Life - The Fray
No matter how many times I hear it, I never get sick of it.

Hopes and Fears (entire album) - Keane
Loooooooove it! (read this with sing song voice)

I Can't Fight this Feeling - REM
Singing in the car in California with Brigette and Cindy at the top of our lungs.

I Want You to Want Me! - Trick Pony
Dawson's creek where Joey sings on stage.

Girls and Boys - Ingrid Michaelson
Breakable breakable breakable girls and boys.

Medicine - Brenda Weiler
Catchy guitar.

Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Another classic! Kick off your Sunday shoes!

Islands in the Stream - Dolly Parton
Guilty pleasure.

And Sawyer, if you have some favorites, you can add them too. No twangy country please.

xoxoxo, Marla

3 comments:

  1. ridiculous,
    why are you blogging @ 5:30 am on a Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeff - i really don't know what has gotten into you! it's quite entertaining. it wasn't at 5:30 i think my blog is whacked. it wasn't rod - his voice was much better whoever it was... but nice try. i bet you like the song rod sings BROKENNNNN AAAAARRRRRROWWWWWW.

    ReplyDelete