Sunday, March 23, 2008

What's that sound?

Waking up at 3:30 p.m. yesterday I thought I heard the ocean. I'd gotten used to hearing the sound of the waves and chattering birds. I opened my eyes to see where the sounds were coming and realized where I was.

Minnesota is the only place in the world where I could get confused between the sound of the ocean and a snowblower.

Oh beautiful Land of 10,000 Lakes that I love... with glorious spring time, colorful fall, sweet blessed summer... but seriously, dear frozen winter that will never die, you are trying my patience.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you've just spent too much time in Hawaii! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Minnesotans are just crazy. Come to the land of milk and honey. 60 degrees. sun shining. and best of all, i'm here.

    ReplyDelete