Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Record Collection

"This is the story of [insert title here]. You can read along with me in your book. You'll know it's time to turn the page when you hear the chimes ring like this: (sound of [chimes WAV fileschimes] ringing). Let's begin now."

These were some of my most favorite words when I was a kid. I had a record collection. I still have it today. I'm proud to say I claimed it from the storage room when no one was looking so basically it's mine unless my sisters want to wrestle me for it. It was mostly comprised of Read Along records. Oh how I loved them! As soon as I get a record player, I'm going to listen to them again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Read-Along

I also had a few music records. I played them over and over again - I sang loudly and mostly off key but with deep feeling and wisdom beyond my years. :) My favorite music record had You Light Up My Life on one side with Hasta Manana Til We Meet Again on the other side. Both were sung by Debby Boone. Here are a few lines from the songs. Feel free to sing along as you read.

Hasta Manana
Hasta Manana 'til we meet again
Don't know where, don't know when
Darling, our love was much too strong to die
We'll find a way to face a new tomorrow
Hasta Manana, say we'll meet again
I can't do without you
Time to forget, send me a letter
Say you forgive, the sooner the better
Hasta Manana, baby, Hasta Manana, until then

You Light Up My Life
So many nights I sit by my window
Waiting for someone to sing me his song
So many dreams I kept deep inside me
Alone in the dark but now You've come along
You light up my life
You give me hope to carry on
You light up my days and fill my nights with song

So there you have it folks. Your 70's fix for this week has arrived. Eat your little hearts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment