Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Heart Cupcakes


You'll be proud to know that today, during a whirlwind shopping trip, I passed up the 38 serving size bag of peanut M&M's at Costco. I'm not sure where that will power came from, but I'm grateful for the brief appearance.


Did you ever wonder what happened to the guy on those Quaker Oats commercials? You know, the guy with the gray hair and the fuzzy mustache with the bowl of steaming hot oatmeal? Well I found him. He works at the Eden Prairie Costco at the photo department. He was a little annoyed with me when I picked up my NYC pictures because I couldn't remember how I had entered my name. But don't worry, I got them. They will be on here soon. As soon as I can find my stupid camera cord.


It's warming up! It will be 30 by this weekend! Last week I heard something strange coming from a tree in my parking lot at work. It was a whistling type of sound. And then I marveled. It was a bird. A bird was singing in the below zero temperatures. Some crazy bird. Some crazy happy bird oblivious to the nas-D wanna rip your hair out bite you in the butt weather. I wanna be like that bird!! So as of now - no complaining about the weather. I'll spare the singing and leave that to the birds.


22 days. Take that Minnesota. (That's not a complaint, just an observation. Minnesota, please don't be offended - I really do love you most of the time.)

2 comments:

  1. Why must you torture me with such an enticing picture of cupcakes? And kudos on passing up the PB M&Ms. Did you get the cupcakes instead? I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marla! I lost pictures at Costco, too! Because I ordered them online under my maiden name and even though I had an order number they couldn't find it with a different last name - sheesh. The Quaker Oats guy wasn't the guy who helped me, though. Too bad. You always have such wonderful adventures!

    ReplyDelete