Sunday, January 20, 2008

www.mormon.org

Elder Ballard recently gave a talk where he spoke about the media. It was a very interesting, thought provoking talk. He encouraged us to post our beliefs on our web pages and blogs. Think about it... over 10,000 people are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and most of them have email and access to the internet. That's a whole lotta missionary opportunities! There are some people who have no idea what a 'Mormon' is and then even less clue about what it is we believe. And while I have things about movies, hot guys, and other random thoughts on this blog, THIS is the thing that makes me who I am and this is the reason I can live my life with certainty, faith, and assurance. Here's my tribute...

www.mormon.org
www.lds.org

The church that Jesus Christ had on the face of the earth many years ago is restored - fully restored - to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

This means that prophets are on the earth today. That God speaks to his Prophets. And they they are seers - they see the past, the present and the future. And they tell us what we need to know. God has promised that we will not be led astray by these prophets.

This means that temples are on the earth today. It means that we can be sealed for time and all eternity with our families. Our 'eternal team'. These people are in our family for a reason. I love this concept.

This means that a fourteen year old boy went to the woods in 1830 and asked God a question. God answered him. Joseph Smith was the prophet of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Through him many things were restored. A book of scripture The Book of Mormon was translated by Joseph Smith. The book is now available as another testament of Jesus Christ as it talks about the Savior's visit to the Americas after he was resurrected and showed himself to the people of Israel.

I love being part of a church that recognizes and accepts miracles. I love truth. I love learning. I love the Savior, the prophets and the Holy Ghost that guides us in every little or big thing we do with our lives. I love the scriptures. I love knowing where I can go for answers.

Moroni 10: 3-5

3 Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.

4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment