Friday, November 9, 2007

New York City - Get A Rope

My birthday has always been a time of TRAVEL. I love to travel on my birthday. It means that instead of dreading getting a year older, I just get really excited like a little kid because it means one word: VACATION!

This year’s trip was to include the following: Running in Central Park, Broadway show, frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity, a tour of the New York library, a stop at Top of the Rock, trip to Dylan’s candy store, a visit to my favorite deli (Zeyten’s), the Museum of Natural History tour and shopping – lots of it. So, I ask you, what better place than NEW YORK CITY to do all these things?! (and kind of necessary too, since this is the only place where you can find all these things).

This trip exceeded all of my expectations. I stayed with a dear friend named Olesya who stocked her fridge with organic yogurt and cut up strawberries for me, kept her cubboards full of bare naked granola (my new favorite) and showed me how to cut mangos in an awesome way. She lives in Spanish Harlem and attends the Harlem ward. My favorite part of New York was the sounds, listening to a heartbeat of the city that never sleeps. Just going outside was like a museum to me.

Here are a few pictures:




Frozen Hot Chocolate Free! Happy Bday to me, compliments of Olesya
Phantom of the Opera $39.00
Sweatshirt at Dylan’s Candy Bar $24.00
Ticket to New York $164.00
Olesya splashing me in the rowboat
in the middle of Central Park PRICELESS

3 comments:

  1. That trip looks like a blast! Congratulations on having a fantastic birthday! And I'm sorry for once again forgetting to send you a card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had fun. I hope your next big vacation is to Reno/Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun! Welcome to the Blogging world.

    ReplyDelete